Monday, July 18, 2011

If,

If every time I felt a pang of desire, I gave in, I would be no more than a wisp blowing in the wind today.

If every time someone told me a bad thing, I listened, I would be all bad with no good to offer.

If every time someone told me to continue playing the keyboard until I got good at it, I listened, I wouldn't have to work so hard in school today.

If....

'If' is a terrific, yet terrifying word. Just two letters, but with them lifetimes of possibilities travel. The 'ifs' of the world hold so much power to do good and evil. But most times, we use it unwisely and dwell unnaturally on the past. Dwell on things that no one can now change. Dwell on possibilities that are no longer possible.

Let's turn the 'if' around and 'fi'-nd better opportunities to push the frontiers of our existence beyond our small imaginations. Let us remove 'if' from our vocabularies unless it precedes a solution that is still possible.

If I do this, then this will occur, so let me do this......



Source of image: if

No comments:

Post a Comment