Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Guam - a well kept secret

There is a little island in the pacific called Guam. It's a well kept secret. The island can be driven around in a matter of hours. With a bicycle, it could take a whole day. A whole day! :). The island is small, but not lacking in things to do. Driving around the island is easy and seemed safe to me. I took some pictures of things that grabbed my attention while I was there.

Pictures of Guam
 An amazingly beautiful flower that I don't know the name of.


 Apparently worm and cricket snacks are eaten in Guam :o

Everyone loves Jamaican food! I found this Jamaican restaurant with at least 3 outlets.
 Splashing dashing restless sea, never still you seem to be.. (Extract from the poem by Cecily E. Pike)

 The beautiful flower again
 and again...
 Popping colours, almost neon

 Such a serene day. Perfect for rowing a boat, so I did a little sea canoeing :)
 Can you guess what this is?  A foot and a hand! Plus some interesting looking seaweed.
 Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. "The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light." Matthew 6:22

 An interesting art piece.

 The perfect view
Watching the para-sailors from afar and wishing I could join.

2 comments: