Saturday, July 5, 2014

Help, Frisk me!


What an advertisement!
I saw this on a train recently and just had to take a pic. What were the creators thinking? Frisk is a popular brand of peppermint sweets, but how does that link to a bikini top in a pool? Do the creators know the meaning of frisk?

frisk
frɪsk/
verb
  1. 1.
    (of a police officer or other official) pass the hands over (someone) in a search for hidden weapons, drugs, or other items.
    "he raised his arms to permit the officer to frisk him"
    synonyms:search, body-search, checkinspectexamineMore
  2. 2.
    skip or leap playfully; frolic.
    "spaniels frisked around me"
    synonyms:frolicgambolcavortcaper, cut capers, sportscamperskipdance,romptrippranceleapspringhopjumpbouncebobMore
noun
  1. 1.
    an act of frisking someone.
    "a frisk search"
  2. 2.
    a playful skip or leap.

Are they saying help me because I'm being frisked due to my amazing peppermint sweet? Maybe the peppermint made the person eating so cool, that they got arrested for high levels of coolness and the bikini was taken off and left behind during the frisk. 

Or could it be that the sweet has made the person sucking it so cool that he / she needs someone to frisk him / her and remove this supercool sweet? 

Whatever the meaning, it surely got my attention and I'm sure the implications of a bikini top floating in a pool without a body also got the attention of many others. Sex sells even peppermints! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment