Friday, August 2, 2013

Excitement is one root of no sleep

Ever since I was little, I've always had trouble falling asleep the night before a trip. I guess that excited little girl is still in me :). My unspoken expectations of the camp are probably exaggerated, but for some reason I can't convince myself that it's not a big deal and go to sleep. 

That excitement caused me to get less than 5 hours sleep, which made me feel jet lagged all day. Getting too excited is costly. I wonder how I'll function in a 9-5 job, though. My sleep cycle doesn't seem to match that of regular human beings, so I think I'll work with the irregular people in universities first and hire people to wake up early and open my businesses. Even after getting enough sleep in the night, waking up early always leaves me feeling sleepy by midday. 

Maybe I should just give in to my inner vampire. Live at nights and sleep during the day. The sun is so overrated! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment